View pictures of recent custom builds in our Bookmobile Gallery.
Farber Specialty Vehicles
Farber Specialty Vehicles sells more than one-third of all bookmobiles manufactured in North America. We are dedicated to developing bookmobiles that are distinctive and innovative, using the latest and most advanced technologies.
We offer a full line of bookmobiles in order to satisfy the diverse needs of our customers. The FARBER COACH and FARBER LOW FLOOR bookmobiles are designed and built from the chassis up in our Columbus plant. Other models include the traditional walk-in style VENTURE and WORKHORSE; the M2; the cutaway style SUPER DUTY and F550 bookmobiles. The Sprinter van and FARBER BOOKHAULER round out our bookmobile family.
FARBER Low Floor
LOW FLOOR bookmobiles are designed specifically to provide easy access for patrons. The low floor, wide entrance door and optional entrance ramp combine to make safe and convenient access. The LOW FLOOR offers increased headroom and additional width providing a pleasant experience for staff and patrons. Optional side windows can provide natural lighting and ventilation. Adjustable aluminum shelving remains the standard, available in a variety of styles and sizes.
- Meets ADA accessibility requirements
- Wheelchair accessible with short ramp – no lift necessary
- 6.7L turbo-diesel engine standard
- Front and rear air suspension w/ full kneeling feature
- Aluminum frame construction
- Smooth fiberglass exterior body panels – great for graphics
- Driver and passenger airbags
- 36" x 80" wide sedan style entrance door
- UL listed magnetic/hydraulic circuit breakers
- Interior wiring THHN stranded, color coded and numbered
FARBER COACH Bookmobile
Our FARBER COACH features a rear diesel engine, high headroom and large book capacities. Available in 37, 40 and 45 foot lengths.
- Wide body offers more room for patrons and staff
- Diesel powered rear engine for quieter cab area and ease of servicing
- Freightliner Chassis
- 1. Full air brakes – Increased stopping ability
- 2. Superior handling characteristics – tight turning radius
- 3. Longer life and performance
- 86" Interior headroom
- Increases book capacity by 20% with no additional length
- More open and spacious
- Driver's door option
- Increased safety
- Ease of access
- Keeps vehicle cleaner with a service personnel access location
- Larger driver's and passenger's windows
- Better visibility and improved safety
- Increased view of side mirrors
- Electrical systems
- Magnetic/hydraulic circuit breakers with LED lighting to visually indicate the status of each line
- Access panel running the perimeter of the ceiling and wall allows electrical wiring and components to be easily maintained
- ENT conduit means longer wiring life and easier future changes
- Central or roof mounted air conditioning
GVWR 20,500 – 29,000 lbs. / 18-30 feet inside
GVWR 14,000 – 23,500 lbs. / 14-16 feet inside
- No rust! All aluminum construction is durable and long lasting.
- An 82-inch ceiling height provides a more open, spacious feeling and allows room for an extra bookshelf in each section.
- Driver's and passengers entrance doors for easier access and improved safety
- Optional stack windows offer extra natural light for a more spacious feeling. Jalousie style opening windows can offer additional ventilation.
- All 120 volt and 12 volt wiring is placed in raceways with easily removable access panels.
- Our stranded color-coded and numbered wire is made specifically for automotive applications.
- Our circuit breakers are U.L. listed and designed for mobile applications. LED lighting indicates the status of each line. Breakers are screwed into place as opposed to household breakers, which slide into place. This means less maintenance and fewer electrical problems.
GVWR 19,000 – 29,000 lbs. / 18’ – 30’ inside
SUPER DUTY Bookmobile
GVWR 14,050 lbs. / 14’- 17’ inside
Select from General Motors GMC / Chevrolet, Ford, Freightliner or International chassis.
- Aluminum body, step wells, and compartments
- All aluminum construction is durable and long lasting. Will never rust.
- High Headroom
- Greater 82 inch ceiling height provides a more open spacious feeling.
- Driver and passenger cab entrance doors
- For easy access and safety
- Driver and passenger air bags
- Standard for safety
- Large storage capacity
- Extra large storage capacity for return books, supplies, or additional volumes.
- Stack windows optional
- Offers extra natural light for a more spacious feeling.
- Wiring Accessibility
- All 120 volt and 12 volt wiring is placed around the ceiling perimeter in two raceways with easily removable access panels. Wiring is run through non-metallic conduit to the wall outlets and devices.
- THNN Stranded Wiring
- Stranded color and numbered wire is made specifically for automotive applications.
- Magnetic hydraulic circuit breakers
- U.L. Listed and designed for mobile applications, these circuit breakers are made to take years of punishment. They are screwed in place, unlike the commonly used residential slide-in type. This means less maintenance and fewer electrical problems.
FARBER "Book Hauler"
- Ideal for Lobby Stop service
- In-building daycare service
- Collection feed to branch buildings
- Provide patron service next to vehicle at fairs and festivals
- Generous shelf capacity for restocking
- Various vehicle lengths available
- Gasoline or diesel powered engines
- High maneuverability
- When maneuverability is critical
- Available with optional lift for patrons or carts, or ramp for carts only
- Full stand up headroom
- Driver's and passengers entrance doors
- Driver and passenger air bags standard
- Diesel powered engine